Wednesday May 9th 2012
|Where||Cooley LLP - 3175 Hanover Street - Palo Alto, CA|
|Time||6:00 PM - 8:30 PM|
|Cost||SVForum members: $25; General Public: $59; On-site registration/Door Price: Additional $10.|
|Event Page Link||Event Page|
||How do you get "your" startup up and running in this new cloud centric climate? You Partner, Partner, Partner with all the key segments. This includes Banking, Marketing, HR, Accounting and Legal. These Allies can catapult your startup down the road and bump you back on track when necessary. They have the experience including the been there done that during the go-go days and the down turn days we experienced over the last few years.|
We bring together an experienced group of critical service providers to share their knowledge on what it takes to build a viable company in the current climate, and what advice can be gleaned from past experience?
This lively panel discussion will explore current trends and panelist opinions on topics including:
* What does a "investment ready" startup look like?
* Where do you find the people and resources for next to nothing?
* How do I not get into trouble with the employment division of California
* How can you generate revenue straight out of the gate?
* If I can generate revenue, and I have minimal expense, why do I need venture capital?
* What market sectors are attractive to Angel investors now?
* How do I find out which VC funds actually have money to invest?
* Why are patents & legal support important to my startup?
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Networking and hors d'oeuvres
7:00 pm - 8:15 pm Panel discussion and Q&A
8:15 pm - 8:30 pm Additional networking
Jerry Goldstone, TriNet
Eric Johnson, Ignited USA
Ed Lambert, Bridge Bank
Milind Nagnoor, Hood & Strong
Moderated by: Cooley LLP
Send to Outlook: www.fullcalendar.com/vc.cfm?i=683681