Tuesday May 15th 2012
|Where||PARC, A Xerox Company - 3333 Coyote Hill Road - Palo Alto, CA|
|Time||3:00 PM - 6:30 PM|
|Cost||Full Workshop Registration $785, includes two Maker Faire Tickets.|
|Event Page Link||Event Page|
||Join MAKE for its inaugural business event!|
Open source software had a catalyzing effect on the proliferation and growth of the Web economy. Similarly, open hardware is having a dramatic affect inspiring innovation in design, in products and in devices. What's happening is a movement, a maker movement being lead by makers. Come get to know us.
At its premiere conference, MAKE will showcase the most compelling and promising of these hardware devices and platforms, and introduce the makers behind these pioneering innovations.
Hosted by Dale Dougherty, Founder and Publisher of MAKE, the first magazine devoted to celebrating the community of individuals who create, build, design, tinker, hack, and invent, and Tim O'Reilly, Founder & CEO of O'Reilly Media.
Join 300 key influencers and thought-leaders including Web and technology innovators, IT leaders, Fortune 500 companies, investors, startup incubators, brand strategists, industrial designers and analysts.
Other featured speakers and presenters include:
* Kai Backman, co-founder and CEO of TinkerCad
* Massimo Banzi, co-founder of Arduino
* Carl Bass, president and CEO of Autodesk
* Ayah Bdeir, founder and CEO of littleBits
* Greg Borenstein, author of Making Things See: 3D Vision with Kinect
* Liam Casey, founder and CEO of PCH International
* Allan Chochinov, partner and editor-in-chief of Core77
* Ben Einstein, founder of Bolt Accelerator Program
* Brad Feld, co-founder of the Foundry Group
* Andrew Filo, president of Optum Group
* Ted Hall, founder and president of ShopBot
* Mark Hatch, founder and CEO of TechShop
* Andrew "Bunnie" Huang, founder of Chumby
* Zach Kaplan, CEO of Inventables
* Tod Kurt, co-founder of ThingM
* Nick Pinkston, founder of CloudFab
* Bryce Roberts, managing director, OATV
* Jay Rogers, CEO and founder of Local Motors
* Marcus Schappi, president of Ninja Blocks
* Nathan Seidle, founder and CEO of SparkFun Electronics
Send to Outlook: www.fullcalendar.com/vc.cfm?i=682788
MAKE is the first magazine and media brand devoted entirely to makers and the maker movement and the powerful combination of open source hardware personal fabrication tools connected makers to generate sweeping changes from the classroom to the boardroom. MAKE is a division of O'Reilly Media and based in Sebastapol, CA.